The average man or woman deals with more than 100 chemicals from their personal care products before they even leave their bathroom in the morning. Cosmetics that seem harmless can in fact be cause serious health hazards and neurological damage. Our skin is the largest organ of the human body. It is time to protect our skin.
Let’s look closer. Here are the top reasons why choosing organic cosmetic products just makes sense.
- Gentle on Your Skin- Harsh chemicals are bad for sensitive skin. Using organic products that have healing minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc oxide to botanical ingredients like rosemary, tea tree oil, and green tea, can soothe and protect your skin.
- Protecting the Future Generation- Many chemicals found in our daily skincare have been linked to birth defects, and can seriously affect our baby’s health. Pregnant women, by using organic cosmetics can make a real contribution to the wellbeing of future generations.
- Heals and Repairs Your Skin- when using organic cosmetics, your skin will feel balanced. Organic makeup protects your skin and protect you from breakouts or bad reactions
- Protecting the Environment- Many products you use daily are petrochemical-based and these chemicals are known to pollute our water supply. Organic cosmetic products utilize organic farming which eliminates the use of synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.
- Prevents Premature Aging- As opposed to non organic cosmetics, organic cosmetics never have harmful chemicals. Traditional cosmetics accelerate the rate of aging with chemicals, as well as, result in unhealthy skin that is sallow.
Now let’s look at the Beauty Industry in general
There are no strict rules governing the beauty industry in regards to labeling of ingredients. Omitting harmful ingredients from the list is standard practice and results in consumers not knowing what we are putting on our bodies. Some non organic beauty brand brands are not even required to test their ingredients for safety.
Organic cosmetic brands always utilize organic ingredients that have been tested, re-checked, and certified. With this kind of peace of mind, knowing that your personal care products are safe, even when used on a daily basis, is priceless.
It's All About a Healthy and Holistic Lifestyle
Most of us wonder if organic cosmetics are worth it. We know we must try to live a healthy lifestyle for our planet and our family. We try to eat right, get regular exercise and live ‘green’. But taking care of our internal well-being is not enough.
As we watch what we eat, we must also need to give consideration to what we apply on our skin every day. Harmful chemicals found in regular cosmetics get absorbed and can have an adverse effect on our immunity system, our many organs and our health.
Check out our personal care products